When a woman finds out she’s expecting she’ll think of doing is to tell her closest relatives or friends. It’s always fun knowing a new baby’s on its way, and many parents think of this event as a wonderful blessing. A baby shower is a small party held by parents-to-be with their loved-ones to celebrate the arrival of a new life. The mom-to-be or the women close to her (mother, best friend, sister, co-worker, cousin, or aunt) host the event.
Baby showers are fun, but hosting one is never very easy. Although the gathering is pretty simple, there are numerous considerations to take care of so that this event will be successful.
Here are several simple tips and reminders to keep in mind if you’re hosting a baby shower.
- Give yourself enough time to plan the event. Preparing for a baby shower takes time. You can’t put together one in just a matter of days. Schedule the shower when the mom is in her seventh or eight month of pregnancy. That’ll give you enough time to prepare the party.
- Baby showers are not like extravagant birthday parties. They are usually small and intimate gatherings. To help you narrow down the people who’ll be invited, make a guest list. You should also decide if the shower will be for women only, or if there are men to be invited. Then, before finalizing the list, consult with the mom-to-be. If the party’s a surprise for her, ask the dad instead.
- Decide on a venue and date. Make sure it’s convenient for the mom-to-be, the guests, and that the costs fit your budget.
- Pick a specific theme for the baby shower. It not only gives the party a unified appearance, but also makes the event extra special. (To pick up ideas, learn the Top Ten Baby Shower Theme Ideas)
- Send the invites a few weeks in advance to give the guests ample time to pick out baby gifts and prepare for the celebration.
- Decorations, games and snacks should be well-prepared. They don’t have to be extravagant, but they should be enough to let the guests feel the party atmosphere.
- If the parents are registered at a particular baby store, let the guests know, so they’ll have an easier time looking for party gifts.
- Before the guests go home, give them party favors to let them know you appreciate their presence and to serve as remembrance of the event.
The Baby Shower Gift table
Baby Shower Invitation
Baby Shower Food
Baby Shower Favors
Hosting a baby shower can be tedious, but as long as you keep these simple reminders in mind, you’ll be able to hold a successful one with less hassle. For more information regarding this article, read Baby Shower Ideas