You’re busy planning your friend’s baby shower and after attending to the invitations, decorations and the games, you’re now deciding on the food to serve to your guests. You’ve already thought of the finger foods, the soup, the salad, the main course and even the desserts and sweets you’ll be handing out. You can’t help but feel as if you’re leaving something out. Then you suddenly realize you haven’t decided on the drinks yet!
No matter how yummy the items on the baby shower menu may be, they still won’t matter if you don’t have any good beverages to complement their taste. You can’t serve water at your party because it’ll seem tacky. Delicious drinks complete the whole baby shower feast.
There are numerous kinds of drinks served during baby showers, such as soda, punch with different flavors, fruit juice, tea and coffee. Sometimes, milk and chocolate drinks are also served. Your choices depend on the type of food you’ll be serving for the baby shower and who you’ll be serving them to. For example, if the party’s at tea time and you’re serving pastries and cake, coffee and tea might be better options. If it’s a dinner party, fruit juice or wine might be a more appropriate option.
Here are several tips you should remember when deciding what drinks to serve for your baby shower.
- When serving coffee or tea, make sure you have sugar, cream and sweeteners (pink and blue) for the guests.
- Brewing a pot of tea is okay, but it’s better if you get an assortment of tea bags and hot water, and allow your guests to choose the drinks they like.
- When you serve soda, make sure you have regular and diet choices available.
- There are numerous punch recipes available today, varying from traditional ones to those with unique tastes, such as mint julep and pink lemonade. (Why not try learning how to make a hand ice mold and blood punch)
- You can serve alcoholic drinks during the party, but make sure it’s okay with the mom-to-be. Wine, cocktails and beer are great options. (As an alternative, read how to make jello shots)
- Presentation means a lot when it comes to the beverages. If you’re serving coffee or tea, use your best-looking china. If it’s punch, put it in a beautiful punch bowl. You can also put fruit garnishes around it, to make it look more pleasant.
You might think they don’t matter, but the drinks you serve are very important for your baby shower. Make sure you include refreshing beverages in your menu! They certainly will make any baby shower feast more enjoyable for everyone!
The baby shower is one of the most special, enjoyable and heartwarming parties that we celebrate. It’s an intimate event that allows moms-to-be to spend time with close friends and family members to commemorate the arrival of a new baby. Baby showers allow the mom-to-be to have fun with the people close to her, as well as receive gifts that’ll be helpful for the care of her child.
Before, baby showers were women-only parties, and they were often held during the afternoon. Today, traditions have changed; baby showers can be held anytime of the day. Some people who want a more elegant and intimate celebration even hold it during the evening as a dinner party.
If you’re holding a baby shower dinner, you must be very careful when planning the menu. A baby shower dinner party means you’ll have to prepare a sumptuous feast that’ll not only satiate your guests’ hunger, but also impress them. From the appetizers up to the desserts, your baby shower dinner should be able to satisfy everybody.
It’s nice to begin the meal with simple, but delicious appetizers and finger foods. If you have enough time, you can make treats such as Shrimp Cocktail, Crab Dip and mini-pizzas (Learn how to make finger pizzas), but if you want something that’s easy to prepare, you can just opt for vegetable cuts with a yummy dip or some cheese and crackers. Soup and salad can also be served.
For the main course, casseroles or beef, chicken and pork dishes are very delicious options. Turkey and duck are also delightful choices. Make sure you serve them with yummy side dishes, such as a helping of mash potatoes, wild rice or steamed vegetables. If you feel like going Italian, risotto or a pasta dish, such as pesto, puttanesca or carbonara would also be great. (Tips on how to make pasta pizza)
Sweet desserts to end the meal would be ideal. There are numerous kinds of cakes, cookies, puddings and chocolate you can choose from.
For the drinks, you can serve soda, fruit juices, iced tea or lemonade. Alcoholic drinks such as wine and beer, are also great, but make sure the mom-to-be is okay with it.
Preparing for a baby shower dinner party means you’ll have to be very careful when planning the menu. Make sure you serve delectable dishes that everyone will enjoy. The guests would definitely feel very glad that they came to your celebration.
You’re throwing a baby shower bash for your best friend since she’s due to give birth in a couple of months. You’ve already prepared the invitations; the decorations and the games, prizes and party favors are all set. Aside from these, there’s another important party detail you have to think about: the menu! You can’t let your guests go hungry during the party.
Although many baby shower planners serve full meals during their party, there are some who prefer to stick to simple hors d’oeuvres or appetizers for their event. For those who don’t want to spend a lot of money and time on the event, these finger foods are a practical option. Baby shower appetizers are also more preferable if the event is held between usual mealtimes. For example, baby showers held after lunch time would be perfect with appetizers, since the guests are aren’t too hungry.
Sometimes, appetizers are also served as food items before the main course. For example, before a sumptuous meal is served, the host can pass around plates of finger foods to the guests to keep them satiated before the feast.
There are tons of yummy and satisfying appetizers you can serve during a baby shower. Here are a few simple, yet delicious, ideas you can try.
Mix two cans of shrimp with a can of tomato juice, a tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce, four tablespoons of horseradish, three tablespoons of lemon juice, a bottle of ketchup, a cup of celery, and some salt and sugar. Let it chill overnight. During the party, serve it in small glasses with a spoon.
Mix some olives, chilies, cream cheese and blend them well. Then, get flour tortillas, put a thin slice of ham on top, and spread the blended mixture over it. Roll the tortilla and cut them up like cinnamon rolls. Hold the slices in place by placing a toothpick through it.
Heavenly Fruit Platter With Dip
For the dip, mix two cartons of strawberry yogurt with a pack of cream cheese, a jar of marshmallow cream, and 12 ounces of thawed whipped topping. Refrigerate it to keep it cool. During the party, arrange a mixed fruit platter, with apples, grapes and strawberries and place the yummy dip in the middle.
Serving appetizers is a superb way to satisfy your guests. Don’t forget to serve these simple and yummy food items during your baby shower! Everyone will appreciate these delightful treats. For more finger food ideas, read Top ten favorite party foods.
When you ‘re planning a baby shower, there are a lot of important details you have to remember. Everything from the invitations to the party favors must be perfect. After all, it’s not everyday that a woman gets to celebrate being a mommy. The baby shower should not only let her receive gifts and spend time with friends and family, but is should also make her and her little angel feel special and loved.
Aside from the invites, the decors, the giveaways and the games, there’s one very important aspect you have to think about when it comes to planning a baby shower: the snacks, of course! Food and drinks are very important for any baby shower celebration. You can’t let your guests go hungry or thirsty during the party, right? Serving refreshments is not only to make the celebration more enjoyable, but it’s also a sign of proper etiquette.
Baby shower food and drinks can be of various kinds, depending on what the planner or the mom-to-be wants, what fits the budget and at what time of the day the shower is going to be held. Sometimes, they can be simple finger food treats, other times they can be very filling meals. These treats can be prepared by the host themselves or be arranged by the venue or caterer.
The food and drinks you serve might seem like a mundane factor of the party, but the truth is, they play a big role in the success of your event. That’s why you must be very careful when taking care of these particular party details.
Here are several tips to remember when taking care of the food and drinks for your baby shower.
- If you’re hiring a caterer or if the baby shower food and drinks is being taken care of by the venue, make sure you coordinate well with them regarding the menu. Make sure that there’s a wide assortment of dishes, and their quantity is sufficient for the guests.
- If you’re preparing the food yourself, consult the mom-to-be as to what dishes she’ll want you to have. Remember, the party is made for her, so it’s only right that the food will somewhat please her. You should also ask your friends to help you prepare these refreshments. It also won’t hurt to ask someone who has organized a successful baby shower for some helpful tips and pointers.
- Make sure the food and drink you serve goes well with the time of the baby shower event. For example, tea and cake will go well with an afternoon baby shower, while a roast chicken meal would be perfect if the baby shower is a dinner function.
- Finger foods can go well with any baby shower event. Meatballs, cheese and crackers, mini pizzas are wonderful options your guests will love (Learn how to make finger pizzas). If you want healthier types, fresh fruits would be great, including apples, strawberries and melons. Vegetables would also be wonderful, including cauliflower, celery and baby carrots.
- Presentation means a lot. Even the simplest foods would look very appetizing if they’re presented well. You can also incorporate the baby shower theme in your food presentation.
- For the drinks, soda, coffee, tea and punch would be great choices. Just make sure they go well with the food you serve.
- It’s not bad to serve alcoholic drinks, especially if you have male guests, but since the mom to be can’t drink alcohol, always have non-alcoholic drinks for her.
Serving yummy and delightful food and drinks during your baby shower is very important. Not only will they delight everyone, but they will also leave a good impression on the guests. Make sure you always prepare delectable treats during your baby shower! For more information regarding this article, read Baby shower ideas.