Are you looking for a lasting and impressive baby shower gift for your friend? There are many practical gift items today, but there are also some which leaves a sentimental mark on parents. One example is a Handprints Gift Set. This heartwarming and creative gift is perfect for parents who want memorabilias as their child grows up.
A Handprints Gift Set comes with five different-sized round tins, each one prettily packaged and decorated. The tins have non-toxic plaster on them. Every year until the baby turns five years old, the parents can take the child’s handprint, press it on the plaster and preserve it. These tins can be kept or put up as decorations. It’s a fantastic craft they’ll love.
These gift sets come in different color themes, like yellow, green, pink or blue. They are also wrapped beautifully already, so there’s no need to vamp them up.
Get this sentimental gift for a mommy-to-be. She’ll love to receive this heartwarming item!
* Another creative gift you could do as a baby shower gift is a baby scrapbook album, learn how to make a baby scrap album.
It’s a given fact that when you go to a baby shower, you bring gifts for the baby. If there are many guests, chances are the parents will already receive various baby items, and yours won’t stand out anymore. Here’s an idea: why not you give something for the mommy-to-be instead?
Any mom will be pleased and touched when she receives a sentimental gift. One item you can get her is a charm pregnancy bracelet. It’s like the typical fashion charm bracelets worn by girls, except it’s more significant. The charms are miniature baby items, symbolizing the wonderful feeling of being a mommy.
You can get a pregnancy bracelet with nine charms on it. The mom can add them one by one, for every month of her pregnancy. The charms are different baby items, like a rattle, baby carriage, rocking horse or teddy bear. For the final month, the mom can add a tiny picture frame charm, where she can put a picture of her little angel.
Be sentimental with a pregnancy bracelet gift. The mom-to-be will treasure this delicate keepsake! If you enjoy reading this article, might as well read Top ten baby shower theme ideas.
Remember that Sex and the City episode where Miranda holds a baby shower and Carrie and Samantha arrive, carrying a big bulky cake-like thing for a present? When Miranda asks what it is, they proudly say it’s a diaper cake and apparently what everyone is giving to expecting moms today.
If you’re a practical person, a diaper cakes is a lovely gift idea you can give to your baby. Although it’s not edible, it’s got loads of diapers, a necessity when you’re a mommy-to-be. Not only that, it’s got lotion, blankets, baby toys (for more information on baby toys, read The guide to baby toys), shampoo and many useful items you can use for your baby.
Most parents buy ready-made diaper cakes at baby stores, but if you want yours to be more special, you can make a simple homemade one. Here’s how:
- Prepare all your diaper cake materials, including diapers, shampoos, baby toys and other items you want to put in. Then, get decoration stuff, including rubber bands, fake flower, ribbons, baby confetti and cardboard.
- The upper tier should be made out of 10 diapers. Get the first diaper, open and tape it in a jellyroll method around a lotion bottle. Then, open the other nine diapers, and continue rolling them the same way you did around the bottle, until you’ve used all of them. Make them tight and firm, by using double sided tapes and rubber bands around every tier.
- For the bottom tier, prepare at least 50 diapers, but don’t tie them the same way you did with the first tier. Don’t open them. Instead, place them around the bottle one after the other, until they completely surround it. Connect the first tier with the second using double sided tapes.
- Now it’s time to decorate your creation. Get baby items like bibs, rattles, teethers and place them around the cake as decoration. Then, use colorful ribbons and bows to cover up the tapes and rubber bands you used.
- When the cake looks festive and decorative enough, cover it with cellophane paper and secure it with ribbons and baby pins. Voila, your very own diaper cake!
It’s not very difficult to make a diaper cake. All you need is patience, a bit of creativity and many baby items. Go ahead and make this adorable baby shower gift! For more information on creating diaper cake, learn how to make a diaper cake.