Since your best friend is having a baby, the least you can do to congratulate her is hold a baby shower in her honor. It’s a fun celebration that allows the mom-to-be to have fun with her closest kin and friends, as well as receive gifts for her infant. With the help of your other friends, you set out to plan the perfect party for her. You’ve taken care of the venue, the invitations, the decorations and the program. There’s still one very important detail you have to attend to: the menu. You can’t have a baby shower without delicious food and drinks!
Choosing the food is one of the most important considerations a good baby shower planner has to attend to. Every host wants to impress and satisfy the guests, and providing delicious food is the best way to do that. Whether it’s simple finger foods and appetizers or a full meal, people will certainly look forward to the dishes you’ll serve. You don’t necessarily have to prepare a whole banquet; just make sure you have adequate treats for everyone. (Why not try indulging to coconut shrimp, learn how to make a coconut shrimp)
Although it seems pretty basic, you might find that planning the menu is not very easy. Here are several considerations you have to remember when choosing the food for the baby shower.
The number of guests - If you’re having an intimate gathering with less than ten guests, an entire meal (complete with a delicious main course, dessert and coffee) would be all right, since you won’t need to do a lot of preparation. On the other hand, if you’re having more than ten people, appetizers and finger foods are more practical choices, since they’re easier to make and serve.
The venue - When the baby shower is held at home, the host or planner usually decides to either take care of the planning and cooking or hires a caterer. If there’s a particular venue rented for the event, such as a hotel or restaurant, the establishment takes care of the food. All the planner has to do is choose the specific dishes.
The time of the shower - What time of the day will the shower be held? If it’s during the morning, a breakfast menu is more sensible. If the party’s in the afternoon, tea time snacks are more appropriate, such as pastries served with coffee. Evening baby shower parties usually require you to serve elegant finger foods.
The baby shower theme - It’s a cute and fun idea to use the baby shower theme when choosing the food for the shower. It’s not only impressive, but also adds an extra touch to the theme and the party atmosphere. For example, if the party has a ducky theme, cupcakes with yellow ducky frosting and refreshing blue punch are great choices.
The type of people who are going to attend - Since baby showers are intimate and you know many of the people who’ll be attending, you probably know their tastes. Do they prefer classy food or junk food? Would barbecued meat and salad work, or will you need to prepare shrimp and vegetable wraps? You should also take note if there are men at the shower. Men have large appetites, so if there are male guests, you need to choose food items that are not only tasty, but also filling.
What the mom-to-be wants - Serving good food is worthless if the mom-to-be doesn’t like it. After all, the party is held for her. Unless the party’s a surprise, you should ask for her recommendations and what food she prefers. You can be assured she’ll be satisfied with what you serve during the shower.
Choosing and preparing the baby shower food is not always easy, but with these simple reminders, you’ll be able to deal with this task easier. Also, don’t forget to ask for help from others! It’ll make things a lot easier for you. So go ahead, and start planning the scrumptious baby shower food! For more information regarding planning this kind of party, read how to organize a surprise party.
When you find out you’re pregnant, one of the first things that you’ll think of is to celebrate the wonderful blessing you’ve received. So as soon as your closest friends and relatives hear the news, they’ll immediately start planning a baby shower for you (Tips on how to make a baby shower kit). It’s a great opportunity for you to spend time with your family and friends, as well as get gifts for your unborn angel.
After all the merrymaking, eating, opening of gifts and fun games, it’s time for you to end the party, and for the guests to leave. Before they go, you want to give them something as a token of appreciation for coming, and will also remind them of the fun time they had at the party. If this is how you feel, then maybe you should give them goody bags.
Baby shower take home bags are just like party favors, except they contain various items, instead of just a particular item. Planners who want the shower to be extremely special often give these out to guests. They’re adorable and touching.
You want to give out baby shower take home bags during your celebration, but the problem is you don’t know how to prepare them or what to put in them. Here are several useful tips to help you with your goody bag giveaways.
- Know who your guests will be. Before choosing items to put in the bag, you first need to think of what the guests would be able to use and enjoy. Are the guests mostly women? Then, you should opt for products such as candles, soaps or chocolates. Vanity products, such as lotion, makeup and face cream are also great options. If the party is strictly for men, then items such as cigars, hair gel, and beef jerky (if you’re on a tight budget, learn how to make beef jerky) are perfect for the bags. If you have a co-ed shower, then edible products might be a great idea for the bags.
- Decide how many take home bags you’re going to need. With fewer guests you can choose more pricey items, while having more people means you have to get less costly goodies.
- Get eye-pleasing take home bags. You can’t place your goodies in typical plastic bags; they’ll look plain and tacky. Instead, find decorated goody bags with designs printed on them. If you’re lucky, you might even find some that’ll go with your party theme. For example, if you have a ducky baby shower, you can get bags with cute yellow ducks printed on the surface.
- Keep the items simple and inexpensive, but sweet. Since you’re going to get many pieces for all your guests, it’s only practical that you get presentable but cost-friendly items.
Take home bags are a great idea for your baby shower. It’s a wonderful way of saying “thank you” to your guests. They would surely appreciate and cherish these adorable and heartwarming party treats.
The sweetest thing you can do to a friend who’s about to have a baby is to plan a sweet and intimate baby shower for her. It’s absolutely fun to have this type of party, since not only does she get to receive presents for her little angel, but she can also spend time with the people who are close to her. So with the help of your other friends, you start preparing for the party.
Planning a baby shower covers a lot of important details, starting from the party invitations up to the decorations and games you play during the event. You also have to remember the party favors you’ll be giving to the guests. You can’t let them leave the party without any keepsakes. Baby shower party favors will not only let them remember the wonderful event, but it can also be useful to the guests.
Since you’re on a tight budget, you need to find baby shower favors that are cost-friendly, but not too tacky or shabby. It’ll be disastrous if you end up spending a lot of money for beautiful giveaways, only to realize you don’t have any left for the decorations or the food, right?
Here are several helpful suggestions to help you save money when preparing baby shower favors.
- Prepare the guest list before you get the party favors. By having a guest list, you’ll be able to know exactly how many favors you’ll be giving out.
- If it’s a couples’ baby shower party, get just one item for every couple, instead of getting two separate pieces. It can be something they can both use, such as a picture frame to place their photo in or a video copy of the event, which they can watch together.
- Shop around. There are tons of places where you can buy simple, but presentable baby shower favors. Local party supply stores often have some, with a lot of choices to choose from. There are also dollar stores that sell cheap items you can use as baby shower favors.
- Buy in bulk. Opt for places that sell wholesale items. You can save a lot of money because of the large discount they give you, compared to buying the items individually.
- Edible treats can also be given as party favors. Yummy goods such as cookies, muffins, cupcakes, bread, candy, chocolates and popcorn are great choices. Put them in a cute container, add some ribbons and lace and you’re all set!
- Be creative! If you’re an artsy person, you can definitely make the party favor treats yourself. All you need are typical all-around home craft items and you can whip up unique party favors of your own. Beaded necklaces or bracelets or mugs with baby decorations would be great ideas. Ask your friends to help you make homemade party favors. It’ll save you a lot of time and energy. (Learn how to make a beaded jewelry)
When you’re getting baby shower favors, try these ideas to help you save cash. Your guests will find these keepsakes very pleasing and they’ll certainly remember your baby shower for years to come! If you learn from reading this article, you might as well read how to save money.
It’s always fun to have a baby shower. There’s delicious food to eat, stories to tell, gifts to open, and of course, games to play! Just like other parties, games and fun activities are important parts of any baby shower. They allow the guests to have fun, bond with each other, and break the ice if ever boring moments came up. Lastly, baby shower games let the adults feel like children again. Guests love to participate in baby shower games, no matter how boring or childish the games are.
If there are games at your baby shower, it’s only right that you have baby shower prizes! They can serve as simple “thank you” gifts for the guests for being such good sports. Baby shower prizes don’t have to be very expensive. They can be simple items the guests will love.
Here are several examples of baby shower prizes you can use for your party.
Candles – These are great gifts for sentimental guests. Candles are eye-pleasing and inexpensive. The small, scented types are great. Dress them up with ribbons and lace.
Candy bottle - You can get the usual candy tins, but if you want something more creative, here’s an idea: take a baby bottle, and fill it up with any candy of your choice. Any party guest would love to get these prizes!
Baby Bottle Candies
Cookies – Cookies are practical prizes for numerous reasons. One: they’re cheap; second, you can either buy them or make them yourself; and last, they can suit any guest, whether male or female. If you prefer homemade ones, get some in the shape of baby rattles, ducks or baby bottles. Wrap them up in nice loot bags, and you’re all set.
Personalized T-shirts - These items are surely useful to any guests! Not only are they great as baby shower prizes, but also can be considered party favors! Just make sure you get some in free-sizes, so they’ll fit whoever receives them. (Learn how to make your own T-shirt design)
Soap - Any party guest will find these prizes useful. Instead of getting expensive ones from a store, you should make your own soap in different shapes, such as animal or flower shapes. (Tips on how to make soap)
Baby shower games won’t be complete without fun prizes. With these simple and practical prize ideas, you can make any baby shower party game more enjoyable and more worthwhile for the guests!
When you hear about a friend or a family member’s pregnancy, you become happy for them and congratulate them on the wonderful blessing they’ve received. Having a baby is certainly something to celebrate, which is why you also think of doing something fun for them—throw a baby shower! It’s an intimate party traditionally held for moms-to-be, to commemorate the blessing bestowed on her and her partner. Baby shower not only lets her have fun, but also allows her to receive gifts she can use when her little angel comes out.
Although baby showers are simpler and more intimate in nature compared to other parties, there are numerous details to take note of regarding this event. Baby shower planning is not as easy as you think it is, and if you don’t take care of all the details, your party might not be as good and successful as it should be.
Here are the things you should remember and attend to when doing your baby shower planning.
The Guest List
Before you start with the other party details, this is something you must accomplish first. The guest list can affect a lot of details regarding your party, including the budget, the theme the venue and the menu. By knowing who and how many are attending the shower, you can make your decisions regarding the different aspects of the party.
The guest list often consists of the couple or the mom-to-be’s closest friends and relatives, and sometimes her colleagues. The shower can have from 6 to 25 guests, sometimes even more. It all depends on who the mom-to-be wants to be there. That’s why when you make the guest list, consult the mom-to-be first before finalizing it. If the party’s a surprise for her, ask the dad-to-be.
Another crucial factor for any baby shower is the budget to be used for it. You can’t plan this party if you have inadequate finances. Besides, a lot of party planning are also dependent on this factor. For example, if you have limited budget, the guest list would have to be trimmed down, and instead of renting a restaurant, you might have the party at home. If you think that you can’t shoulder all the baby shower expenses, one option you can turn to is to get a co-host. Not only will you get to split the costs, but you’ll also have someone to split the tasks with. (Tips on how to create a budget)
The Party Theme
A baby shower won’t be very fun without a theme! Deciding on a motif for the party is a very important consideration for any planner, since it affects various aspects of the party. A theme not only makes the party more enjoyable, but it also unifies the whole event. It sets the tone of the baby shower.
When deciding on a baby shower theme, make sure you take in consideration the mom-to-be’s preference. The theme should be enjoyable for her. You should also take note of the guests, and the shower theme should be enticing enough for them. (Why don’t you choose from these list of Top ten baby shower theme ideas)
Once you’ve settled on the theme, you can now decide on the different party details, including the invitations, the decorations and the party favors.
Baby Shower Date And Location
During the early course of your baby shower planning, it’s important for you to set the date of the event. By knowing when and where the shower will be held, you can inform the guests as early as possible. You can also estimate and budget the time you have remaining to prepare the event. The date and location depends on several factors, including the availability of the mom-to-be, the availability of the guests, the proximity of the location and when the mom’s due date is.
Usually, baby showers are held one or two months before the mom is scheduled to give birth. Set the date during these months, but make sure not to set it too close to the mom’s due.
Baby Shower Invitations
The invitations depend on the theme, and they can either be homemade or store-bought. As much as possible, these should contain the proper information regarding the party. Make sure to mention the mom-to-be’s name, the host’s name, the date, location and time, as well as the contact numbers for RSVP. Other important information, such as the where the mom is registered or what other items the guests need to bring, should also be stated on the invites.
Baby Shower Decorations
The venue would look shabby and tacky without any decorations, so make sure you take note of this factor when planning the shower. The decorations should mirror the theme of the event. They can be very elegant and costly, or they can be simple but cheerful. It depends on your budget and the theme you’ve chosen.
Popular baby shower decorations include banners, streamers, confetti and balloons. Actual baby items are also commonly used for decorations.
Baby Shower Menu
No baby shower would be complete without food to satisfy the guests’ appetite! It’s customary for baby showers to include snacks, whether they may be simple finger foods or filling meals. The menu depends on what time the shower is held, who the guests are, and the theme of the party. For example, if the party is held during the afternoon, tea and sweet pastries can be included in the menu. If it’s dinner time, then sumptuous dishes would be more appropriate.
It’s also common for baby shower planners to unify the food according to the theme they’ve chosen. For example, if it’s a rubber ducky party, one food items that can be served would be yummy cupcakes with frosted yellow duckies on top.
Baby Shower Program
It’s nice to have a well-sorted program during the shower, so the guests won’t be bored during the event. Here, you can decide what activities (such as the games, the snack time and the gift-opening) will be done and how they’ll be arranged during the party time.
Baby Shower Prizes And Party Favors
You can’t let the guests go home without goodies! Make sure you prepare prizes to award them when they play the games. These should be memorable but useful items. Party favors are also important. These keepsakes allow the guests to remember the fun time they had during the event.
Baby shower planning covers a lot of important details. Make sure you take care of these important aspects properly, so you’ll have a fun-filled event ahead of you. The mom-to-be and her guests would surely appreciate and enjoy this wonderful celebration!
You and your girlfriends have decided to throw a baby shower for your friend who’s expecting a baby. It’s something you know she’ll enjoy. After all, she will get to spend time with her close friends and receive gifts that will be useful for her and her little angel. You set out to plan the important details of the event: the theme, the party food, the decorations and the venue. Even so, there’s still one very important detail you need to think about—when will you hold the baby shower?
It’s easy to get caught up with the other details of the baby shower that you sometimes forget when you’ll be holding the event. Choosing the date is actually one of the first decisions you’ll have to make. By setting the date, you get to estimate how much time you have to prepare the shower, and you also make sure of the parents’ availability for the party.
Here are several tips and reminders to remember when choosing the baby shower’s date.
- Be aware of the mom’s due date. Make sure you don’t schedule the party too close to her due date to avoid problems. For example, what if she has the baby earlier than expected? She might be too tired to move around during her final pregnancy days. (Learn how to calculate your pregnancy)
- Most baby showers are held when the woman is six to seven months into her pregnancy. During these months, her tummy is already very apparent, but it is not too hard for her to walk around yet.
- Although baby showers are traditionally held before the woman gives birth, you can also schedule the party after the baby is born. By doing so, you can pick a gender-specific theme and the guests can also get gender-specific gifts.
- Weekends are practical days for a baby shower, since most people have them off work. You can be assured that many of the guests will be able to attend the party.
- Check the mom-to-be’s schedule so you can set tentative dates for the baby shower.
- Once you’ve found a possible date, ask if the mom-to-be approves of it. If the party is a surprise for her, ask the dad-to-be instead. (Tips on how to plan a surprise party)
- The venue is also important when you’re choosing a date. If you’re planning to hold it outside the mom-to-be’s home, such as in a restaurant or hotel, make the reservations immediately.
Deciding when the baby shower will be held is certainly important. It can help you with numerous aspects of the party. As soon as you’ve found the most suitable date for the party, go ahead and start planning the other details!
One of your closest friends is having a baby, and as tradition goes, you and her other female relatives are holding a baby shower for her, to celebrate the wonderful blessing she and her partner have received. A baby shower is a fun event you want everything to be perfect for the mom-to-be and her little baby. You then begin to think of everything you’ll need to take care of, including the food, decorations and the theme.
Before you start planning for these party details, stop. You’re forgetting one very important detail: the party venue. You can’t prepare for a baby shower if you don’t have anywhere to hold it, right? Choosing a location is always one of the most important factors a baby shower planner has to attend to.
There are several important considerations to remember when choosing a location for a baby shower. You have to keep in mind the mom’s preference, the proximity of the venue, and the number of guests you’re having. The budget is also very important when deciding on a baby shower location.
To help you pick the suitable baby shower location, here are several tips and guidelines you should remember.
- Before choosing a venue, make sure you’ve already finalized the guest list. That way, you’ll be able to estimate how much space you’ll need.
- Estimate a budget before you plan the venue. How much are you willing to spend for the place? (Learn how to create a budget)
- If you plan to have a small and intimate baby shower, have it at home. Traditional baby showers are held in the home of the mom-to-be or someone who’s close to her. Not only is this a more cost-friendly option, but also lets everyone feel a bit more comfortable.
- The downside of having a baby shower at home is you have to take care of everything—the food, the decorations and serving the guests. If you plan to have the party at home, make sure you have enough helping hands to assist you with the chores.
- If you can’t hold the venue at home because it’s too cramped, you can opt for places such as hotels or restaurants. These establishments often have function rooms that you can reserve in advance, for a fee. They’re nice and elegant, but the downside of these locations is that they can be costly. Even so, you won’t have to worry about the decorations, the theme or the food, since they’ll arrange it for you.
- Churches and temples sometimes have function rooms they rent out to people who need a baby shower venue. They’re not as costly as hotels and restaurants. All you have to do is give a donation, and they’ll let you use their facilities.
- Make sure the venue isn’t too far away from the mommy’s place. Remember that it’s not very easy for the mom-to-be to move around late in her pregnancy. Besides, traveling too much can be bad for the baby.
- The location must also be easily accessible for the guests. You don’t want to end up with an empty party, just because your guests can’t make it.
- If you plan to have the baby shower at a hotel, restaurant or church, start looking for choices as early as you can. Once you’ve found the most suitable one, reserve it immediately.
- Another great idea is to have an outdoor venue. A garden or park would be a practical choice. They are budget-friendly, refreshing and relaxing. Just make sure you time the shower during the sunny seasons, or else, your party might get rained out.
Choosing a location for a baby shower can be a bit difficult, but with these suggestions, you might find this task easier. Go ahead, and start looking for the perfect venue for the perfect baby shower! For more information regarding this article, read Baby Shower Ideas.
As a sincere gesture for one of your closest friends, you’ve decided to throw an intimate baby shower party for her. You know that it’s something she’ll appreciate. You start planning — you know which people to invite, what games to play and where to have the event. Even so, you feel as if there’s something missing, and the party you’re organizing feels a bit bland. If this is how you feel, maybe you still don’t have a party theme. Remember, a theme not only brightens up the whole event, but also makes it more special.
With numerous party themes available, party planners don’t have a difficult time finding one that’ll suit the mom-to-be’s preference. Even so, some find this task challenging. Choosing a theme for a baby shower can be a bit confusing, especially if it’s their first time planning a baby shower.
When choosing a theme for a baby shower, there are several important considerations you have to keep in mind:
- Consider your budget - Think about how much money you’re willing to spend for the event. Will it suffice for the theme you have in mind or do you think you’d go bankrupt if you push through with it? You can’t pick an extravagant theme if you don’t have enough cash, right? Settle on a theme that you know will fit your taste and your budget. (Tips on how to create a budget)
- Think about your resources- One factor that helps people decide on a theme is the available resources they can use. It helps them spend less, but still get what theme they want. For example, unless you’ve got enough stuffed toys to decorate the place, you can’t settle on a stuffed toy theme. Otherwise, you’ll have to spend a lot of money on the party decorations.
- The mom-to-be’s decision counts- After all, the party is going to be held for her. Consult her regarding what themes you have in mind, and let her choose the one she likes best. She can also give you helpful suggestions on how the theme would be more successful. If the party’s a surprise for her, you can consult someone close to her, such as her husband, her sister or her mom.
- Remember the guests- Since you already know who’s coming to the celebration, you can choose a theme that you know they will like and can relate to. For example, a pink baby shower might not be a good idea if you’ve invited men. Make sure the theme will be appropriate for everyone, so they’ll have a great time.
Choosing a theme is something you should carefully think of when you’re preparing for a baby shower. It’ll definitely determine the success or failure of this celebration. Once you’ve found the perfect theme, you can now proceed with the other aspects of your baby shower! For more information, read Baby Shower Ideas.
One of your best friends is having a baby, and since you want to congratulate her in the most extravagant way, you’ve decided to host a baby shower in her honor. It’s a fun party that’ll let her spend time with the people close to her, including her family, friends and colleagues. Excited, you started planning what decorations you’ll get, which invitations you’ll use and what food you’re going to cook.
Stop before you become too engrossed with your planning. Think of this important consideration: how will you pay for the event? You have money, but will it be enough?
Budgeting for a baby shower is one of the first considerations many hosts have to think about. It’s also one of the most difficult to arrange. Your budget determines the whole event: right from the number of guests you’re planning, up to the where you’ll be holding the party. By setting a budget, you won’t find yourself bankrupted because you spent too much money. You can also make sure the party becomes successful without any financial difficulty on your part.
When budgeting for a baby shower, you first have to estimate how many guests you’re planning to have for the event. Will it be strictly for close friends and family, or will you be inviting neighbors and colleagues? Is the shower strictly for women? Once you’ve decided on the number of people, you can now set the budget. Other important considerations when setting a baby shower budget are the venue and the food. Of course, these come after the number of guests has been finalized.
If you find the budget for the shower a bit too expensive, you should either lower the number of the people you’ve invited or look for a co-host to help you finance the event. There are also ways on how you can save money, so your budget will be sufficient.
Here are several suggestions to help you lower your baby shower budget.
- Instead of buying expensive ready-made invitations, you should opt for homemade ones. They’re cost-friendly and they’re also very creative.
- Renting out restaurants or hotel function rooms can be expensive, so it’s better if you just hold the party at the mom-to-be’s home. If her place isn’t appropriate, ask her friends or family members if anyone’s willing to hold the party in their home.
- Schedule the baby shower during snack time, such as for afternoon tea. By doing so, you don’t have to serve full meals. Finger foods and appetizers will suffice.
- You don’t need expensive party favors. Simple, but useful ones will do, such as picture frames, candles or soap. (how about learning how to make scented candles)
The Baby Shower Party
Budgeting for a baby shower can be a challenging task, but with a little patience, creativity and resourcefulness, you’ll be able to do this without any hassle. A well-budgeted baby shower is always more enjoyable. So be careful when doing this task, so you’ll end up with a successful party! For more information regarding this article, read how to create a budget.
A baby shower is an enjoyable moments for any parent-to-be. It’s absolutely wonderful knowing that a blessing is coming your way and that you’ll be able to celebrate it with the people you care for, including your family and friends. Baby showers are usually intimate events, filled with lots of merrymaking, fun activities, gifts and advice about parenthood.
Planning a baby shower isn’t very difficult, but just like any celebration, it involves a lot of preparation. One of the first details that must be taken care of is the baby shower guest list. Planners usually see this as one of the crucial parts of baby shower planning. A lot of party details depend on the guest list, including the invitations, the food, the games and sometimes even the party theme.
Preparing a baby shower guest list might not be very easy for some people. Here are several useful pointers to remember when taking care of this important party aspect.
- Baby showers can have from six to 25 guests. Before starting the baby shower guest list, decide whether you’re going to have a very small gathering or a large one. You should also decide on a particular number of guests, so you’ll have an easier time narrowing down the list.
- Coordinate with the mom-to-be regarding the baby shower. She’ll be able to tell you the names, contact numbers and addresses of people she’d like to include in the list. If the party’s a surprise, ask the dad-to-be instead. (Tips on how to plan a surprise party)
- Usually, baby showers are women only events, but sometimes, men, especially the dad-to-be, are also invited. Decide whether your party will be strictly for women, or will include male guests as well.
- Close family members are always invited to baby showers. Never leave out the mommy’s mother, her mother-in-law, her grandmother, and her sisters. When you’ve already listed these down, ask the mom-to-be if she has cousins, aunts and grand-aunts she’d like to invite.
- You don’t have to include all the mom-to-be’s friends, just those whom she’s close to and who played a significant part in her life. The same goes for colleagues.
- Children are usually not included in baby shower guest list, unless they are important to the parents-to-be, such as their young sisters or brothers.
As long as you follow these pointers, you’ll be able to create a complete baby shower guest list. Once you’ve finalized this detail, you’re now set to get to the more difficult aspects of baby shower planning. Good luck! If you enjoy this article, you’ll surely be delighted in learning how to host a party.