If you want to have a baby shower and get lots of clothes for your little darling, here’s one idea you can use: a Baby’s Clothesline Baby Shower! It’s easy to prepare, and you won’t spend a lot of money.
First send clothesline themed invitations to your guests. The invites should have a picture of a baby clothing item on them, like a jumpsuit or baby shirt. You should also indicate that since it’s a “clothesline party”, the guests should bring baby clothes as gifts. If you know the gender of the baby specify it in the invitations too. (Learn how to make an invitation)
Add clothesline decorations to the venue. Get some string and put them around the venue, and hang baby clothes all around. When the mom opens the gifts, she can hang them up too.
You can also have fun clothesline activities. Multi-Tasking Mom (dress relay) and Find The Matching Socks are great game ideas everyone will enjoy.
Try this clothesline baby shower idea. It’s simple enough so you won’t find it difficult to organize.
After your pregnant friend had her ultrasound, you found out she’s going to have twins. Since you’re the main coordinator of her baby shower, you have to come up with a fun theme that’ll not only welcome one bundle of joy, but two. Here’s one idea you can use: why not have a Peas in A Pod baby shower? It’s a wacky and cute idea that’ll suit mom and her two angels!
To make your Peas in a Pod celebration unforgettable, here are some ideas you can use.
- Invitations – Get pea-shaped invitations. Many party stores and baby shops sells ready made ones. You can also create your own invitations, using green and yellow construction paper, some glue and coloring materials. Decorate it by gluing peas around the words.
- Decorations – Think green. Get green streamers, tablecloths, posters and balloons to decorate the place. For the centerpiece, get raw peas mix them with colorful beans and place them in clear containers. You can also ask the mommy to dress in green for her celebration. If she agrees, let her wear a felt pea pod on her head throughout the party.
- Party Food – Since it’s all about peas, get recipes that use this vegetable in them. Crunchy pea salad, pea soup, pasta with peas, snap peas with shallots and sweet pea risotto are several yummy options you can get. Besides, peas are very healthy.
- Party Games – You can play classic party games like “guess how many peas are in the jar” and “Pin the peas on the pod”.
- Party Favors – One wonderful idea is to give away a glycerin sweet pea moisturizing soap. It’s adorable and useful. Wrap it up in green wrappers and attach “thank you for coming” tags to make them special. Flower sets (complete with flower pots and seeds), and pea-shaped candles are also good choices.
For baby showers that celebrate the arrival of two angels, have a Peas in a Pod shower. Mommy and her two little babies will appreciate this fun and enjoyable event! For more baby shower suggestions, read Baby Shower Ideas.