The Perfect Baby Shower Venue: Choosing A Location
One of your closest friends is having a baby, and as tradition goes, you and her other female relatives are holding a baby shower for her, to celebrate the wonderful blessing she and her partner have received. A baby shower is a fun event you want everything to be perfect for the mom-to-be and her little baby. You then begin to think of everything you’ll need to take care of, including the food, decorations and the theme.
Before you start planning for these party details, stop. You’re forgetting one very important detail: the party venue. You can’t prepare for a baby shower if you don’t have anywhere to hold it, right? Choosing a location is always one of the most important factors a baby shower planner has to attend to.
There are several important considerations to remember when choosing a location for a baby shower. You have to keep in mind the mom’s preference, the proximity of the venue, and the number of guests you’re having. The budget is also very important when deciding on a baby shower location.
To help you pick the suitable baby shower location, here are several tips and guidelines you should remember.
- Before choosing a venue, make sure you’ve already finalized the guest list. That way, you’ll be able to estimate how much space you’ll need.
- Estimate a budget before you plan the venue. How much are you willing to spend for the place? (Learn how to create a budget)
- If you plan to have a small and intimate baby shower, have it at home. Traditional baby showers are held in the home of the mom-to-be or someone who’s close to her. Not only is this a more cost-friendly option, but also lets everyone feel a bit more comfortable.
- The downside of having a baby shower at home is you have to take care of everything—the food, the decorations and serving the guests. If you plan to have the party at home, make sure you have enough helping hands to assist you with the chores.
- If you can’t hold the venue at home because it’s too cramped, you can opt for places such as hotels or restaurants. These establishments often have function rooms that you can reserve in advance, for a fee. They’re nice and elegant, but the downside of these locations is that they can be costly. Even so, you won’t have to worry about the decorations, the theme or the food, since they’ll arrange it for you.
- Churches and temples sometimes have function rooms they rent out to people who need a baby shower venue. They’re not as costly as hotels and restaurants. All you have to do is give a donation, and they’ll let you use their facilities.
- Make sure the venue isn’t too far away from the mommy’s place. Remember that it’s not very easy for the mom-to-be to move around late in her pregnancy. Besides, traveling too much can be bad for the baby.
- The location must also be easily accessible for the guests. You don’t want to end up with an empty party, just because your guests can’t make it.
- If you plan to have the baby shower at a hotel, restaurant or church, start looking for choices as early as you can. Once you’ve found the most suitable one, reserve it immediately.
- Another great idea is to have an outdoor venue. A garden or park would be a practical choice. They are budget-friendly, refreshing and relaxing. Just make sure you time the shower during the sunny seasons, or else, your party might get rained out.
Choosing a location for a baby shower can be a bit difficult, but with these suggestions, you might find this task easier. Go ahead, and start looking for the perfect venue for the perfect baby shower! For more information regarding this article, read Baby Shower Ideas.