A Fun Virtual Celebration: Having A Cyber Baby Shower
Your sister’s about to have a baby in a couple of months, and you want to plan a baby shower for her. It’s a sweet gesture, but there’s one problem with this idea: she lives across the country. It’s very exhausting and dangerous for her to travel long distances, and since you have your job to think about, you can’t go to her either.
Thankfully, there’s one fun option that can solve this problem: a cyber baby shower! In this modern age it isn’t uncommon for people to communicate over the Internet and even hold fun parties. Also called an online or long distance baby shower, a cyber baby shower lets you celebrate with your pregnant loved-one without worrying about the distance between you.
A cyber baby shower has numerous advantages over the traditional variety. For one, you won’t need to worry about spending a fortune on the venue. You also don’t need to worry about decorations or food. Your guests will have an easier time getting gifts for the mom, since all they have to do is look through an online registry. Even so, all of you will still enjoy heartwarming stories, fun games and bonding. All that everyone needs to have is a computer with a fast Internet connection.
You might think planning a cyber baby shower is difficult, but on the contrary, it’s easy, as long as you know the simple guidelines to this type of party. Here are several helpful reminders you should remember.
- Consult the parents first regarding the cyber baby shower you’re throwing, and see if they’re comfortable with the idea. Don’t plan ahead until you get their approval.
- Ask the mom-to-be to make a guest list. Since you’re not worrying about a venue, she can invite as many as she wants, but make sure you don’t invite so many people that it becomes confusing.
- Ask the parents to register their baby shower online. That way, they’ll get to receive beautiful gifts from their guests without any hassle.
- Once you’ve got the guest list prepared, send out the invitations. You can either have virtual invitations, such as those provided by Internet services, or you can have the traditional snail-mailed paper type. Make sure you include important information, such as the time of the cyber baby shower, the website or chatroom where you’ll “host” the party, and the online gift registries of the parents.
- There’s always room for party games, even if the baby shower’s done online! Written guessing games are great since they’re not very hard to follow. You can also play Guess the Baby Picture. Have the guests upload pictures of themselves when they were kids, and let the others guess which person is which.
- Remind the guests about the mom-to-be’s online registry. That way, you can be sure that she’ll get to receive gifts, even if everyone’s far away from her.
Distance doesn’t have to be a problem when it comes to celebrating special moments. If you want to have a baby shower for someone who’s far from you, a cyber baby shower would be the best solution. It’s fun, easy, and will be appreciated by the parents-to-be. If you enjoy reading this article, you’ll surely get more ideas by learning the Top Ten Baby shower theme ideas.