Delicious Party Drinks: Refreshing Beverages For Baby Showers
You’re busy planning your friend’s baby shower and after attending to the invitations, decorations and the games, you’re now deciding on the food to serve to your guests. You’ve already thought of the finger foods, the soup, the salad, the main course and even the desserts and sweets you’ll be handing out. You can’t help but feel as if you’re leaving something out. Then you suddenly realize you haven’t decided on the drinks yet!
No matter how yummy the items on the baby shower menu may be, they still won’t matter if you don’t have any good beverages to complement their taste. You can’t serve water at your party because it’ll seem tacky. Delicious drinks complete the whole baby shower feast.
There are numerous kinds of drinks served during baby showers, such as soda, punch with different flavors, fruit juice, tea and coffee. Sometimes, milk and chocolate drinks are also served. Your choices depend on the type of food you’ll be serving for the baby shower and who you’ll be serving them to. For example, if the party’s at tea time and you’re serving pastries and cake, coffee and tea might be better options. If it’s a dinner party, fruit juice or wine might be a more appropriate option.
Here are several tips you should remember when deciding what drinks to serve for your baby shower.
- When serving coffee or tea, make sure you have sugar, cream and sweeteners (pink and blue) for the guests.
- Brewing a pot of tea is okay, but it’s better if you get an assortment of tea bags and hot water, and allow your guests to choose the drinks they like.
- When you serve soda, make sure you have regular and diet choices available.
- There are numerous punch recipes available today, varying from traditional ones to those with unique tastes, such as mint julep and pink lemonade. (Why not try learning how to make a hand ice mold and blood punch)
- You can serve alcoholic drinks during the party, but make sure it’s okay with the mom-to-be. Wine, cocktails and beer are great options. (As an alternative, read how to make jello shots)
- Presentation means a lot when it comes to the beverages. If you’re serving coffee or tea, use your best-looking china. If it’s punch, put it in a beautiful punch bowl. You can also put fruit garnishes around it, to make it look more pleasant.
You might think they don’t matter, but the drinks you serve are very important for your baby shower. Make sure you include refreshing beverages in your menu! They certainly will make any baby shower feast more enjoyable for everyone!